Tuesday 2 April 2013

Coming soon...

Paradise, by SamuelMillar153 on Flickr
Welcome to the Log! God willing it gets off the ground, I'll be using this blog to share photos and records from my adventures in the world of moths and butterflies.

(Coming to you from the birthplace of Mr C.S. Lewis, which I like to refer to as "Nornia"!)

The blog is named after the extremely megabyte-rich spreadsheet where I've been keeping my Lepidoptera records for the past three years, and I'll try to post here as many as possible of the records I make this year.

There'll be moth trapping reports from my garden... 

Moths on Wheels!, by SamuelMillar153 on Flickr


hopefully a page cataloguing my work on rearing early stages (that'll take a while)...

Cinnabar moth pupae, by SamuelMillar153 on Flickr


daytime observations of butterflies and dayflying moths from the local Glencairn Park or anywhere I happen to be...

Marsh Fritillary monocolour variety, Murlough NNR, by SamuelMillar153 on Flickr


leaf mine searches...

Stigmella confusella larvae in mines on birch, by SamuelMillar153 on Flickr


and when summer comes along, some dusking in and around Murlough NNR.

White Plume Moth, by SamuelMillar153 on Flickr


Accompanied by some hopefully decent photos and videos on my new Samsung WB-100, with the help of Flickr and YouTube.

And all of that (or more realistically, the main highlights of that!) in the spare moments between getting my A-levels sorted and preparing for university in September. Mission impossible? Bring it on!

You can also check out my general nature blog "The Caterpillar" - click the tab at the top of this page. The link to my Flickr photostream is up there too.

Happy mothing!!!
Sam


Say hi to "Rosebud"! I chose this Angle Shades moth,
from my third caterpillar rearing project, as the blog icon.
It's one of my favourite moths with its unique wing shape
and impressive thoracic crest.

No comments:

Post a Comment