Sunday 30 June 2013

Snowed under

For the past month I've had to redirect all my blogging energy to exams.

So I haven't been able to talk much about these guys...


Or this guy...


Or this pair...


Ah, silly me, back in April - "I think I'll start another blog to go along with the one that I already have trouble keeping up..."

I took off the Garden Moths and Projects pages until such times as the former strikes me as a good idea again and the latter figures out what the heck to do with itself...

I'm away to the Swiss Alps soon, after which I'll hopefully have the energy to do the truckload of writing on the truckload of experiences I'll have and uploading the truckload of photos I'll take. So if you don't hear from me again by the end of next week, you probably won't hear from me until the end of July, or later...

Flip, I gotta compress my life...

Happy mothing! (And enjoy Wimbledon!)
Sam

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sam,
    I came across your blog and this log - and I wonder if you can help me?
    I discovered a buff ermine laying her eggs on my bedroom wall last night. I want to keep the eggs safe but move them somewhere more appropriate ie nearer a food source. Can I move them? How long will they take to 'pillar' up? - and if I was brave enough to try to watch this cycle and rear them 'in captivity' to real ease them after they've done their entire routine..., have you any advice?
    Thanks in anticipation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there,
      Sorry for not replying sooner as I've been away. By the time you read this they'll have hatched of course. If you're keeping them captive it's mainly a matter of cleaning out frass (tricky when they're young) and keeping up fresh supplies of leaves (they'll eat a lot of things - dandelion is a handy one to go for). Beware that keeping large numbers of larvae together will allow any disease that gets in to spread quickly!
      Regards
      Sam

      Delete