Thursday 2 May 2013

April's count

At the risk of driving myself round the bend in the following months, I thought it might be nice to review the garden list for the first few months of the year.

It'll also give me a chance to work on my shockingly bad knowledge of macro-moth taxonomic names...

Moths recorded in my garden, January 2013 (0)


Moths recorded in my garden, February 2013 (1)

Mompha subbistrigella (Garden Cosmet)

Moths recorded in my garden, March 2013 (1)

Angle Shades (Phlogophora meticulosa) larva

Moths recorded in my garden, April 2013 (6)

Lozotaenia forsterana (Large Ivy Tortrix) larvae [GB]
Hofmannophila pseudospretella (Brown House Moth) larva [GB]
Common Quaker (Orthosia cerasi) [GN]
Hebrew Character (Orthosia gothica)
Double-striped Pug (Gymnoscelis rufifasciata)
Caloptilia stigmatella (White-triangle Slender) [GN]

Here I go again, fiddling with formatting. I'll never be done doing it!

[Update: As an aside, I saw my first Small White of the year in school in beautiful sunshine yesterday, getting some nectar from the flowers of the shrubbery. No camera obviously, so no photos. Yet!]

No comments:

Post a Comment